The protection and confidentiality of your personal data is of particular importance to Merkator nv.
In this document we will inform you about the processing of personal data in connection with the services we offer under EagleBe. Personal data comprises all information that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person (Article 4 (1) GDPR). This includes information such as name, email address, postal address, telephone number of the applicant, as well as the coordinates (where relevant) of the responsible for signposting, the commissioner of the work or the contractor.
Merkator nv is responsible for processing this data. Merkator nv, Vliegwezenlaan 48, 1731 Zellik, firstname.lastname@example.org
Below we wish to inform you on how your data will be used.
- The Merkator application EagleBe processes personal data of the categories contact and location. EagleBe uses this data for:
- A permit is granted to a person (or organisation). This is done through contact and location data.
- In case of questions related to a permit application, the local government should be able to contact the applicant. This is done through contact data.
- The goal of EagleBe is to process permit applications.
- EagleBe only uses a minimal set of information (data minimisation).
- The applicant can at all times access, modify, rectify and delete data.
- The user of EagleBe gives his/her explicit consent to share data with affiliated parties. The request for this consent will be clearly formulated.
- EagleBe users are at least 16 years old.
- Merkator has confidentiality agreements with all involved employees to guarantee integrity and confidentiality of your data.
- Merkator has a data processing agreement with every involved local government.
- Merkator keeps a data register which will be reviewed periodically.
- EagleBe data is stored within the European Union.
- Involved Merkator employees will follow trainings to make sure security and privacy of EagleBe data is up to par with industry best practices.
- Involved Merkator employees are up to date and know their responsibility regarding GDPR.
- Involved Merkator employees are obligated to report any (attempts at) data leaks and related incidents, so Merkator can inform relevant authorities and stakeholders.
- Merkator does not plan to do any further processing of your data. Should this be the case, Merkator shall perform a Data Protection Impact Assessment where needed.
Measures within EagleBe
- Contact data in EagleBe will be stored encrypted.
- Only the local government will be able to access personal data, and this only to advice on and approve an application.
- National Register Number (NRN ) and identity card number will not be stored in EagleBe. Where the NRN is mandatory, EagleBe will verify the data integrity. Where the NRN is not mandatory, it will not be asked again.
- EagleBe will only keep contact data stored up to 18 months after the ending of a permit. After this period contact data will be deleted.
- EagleBe will send emails regarding your application.
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Statement in consideration of stipulations under data-protection law. You will always be able to locate the current version here or another corresponding, easily locatable point of our website or app. If we are intending to process your data for other purposes, i.e. those for which it was collected, we will notify you about this in advance in compliance with the statutory provisions.